Situated in an elevated position on the edge of the tiny village of Saint-Avit, with just a church and rural views.
- The village of Escassefort (5km) has a good boulangerie and a small cafe bar-restaurant.
- Lévignac-de-Guyenne (8km) has a small Epicerie (grocery store), post office, pharmacy, boulangerie, Tabac and Hairdresser.
- Duras (14km) is a small historical hilltop market town with shops, cafe bars and restaurants
Monday morning farmers market throughout the year, Thursday night market (Summer Season). Supermarket, fuel station and a bank with a cash machine.
- Marmande (12km) is a medium-sized riverside town with a park, cafe bars and restaurants, train station, large hypermarkets and mainstream shops and supermarkets. Weekly farmers market and summer night market.
- The beautiful towns of Bergerac and Bordeaux are just 55 and 90 minutes away respectively.
things to see and do
- We are in the heart of the Bordeaux famous wine region where there are plenty of vineyards for tastings and tours.
- There are atmospheric night markets during the summer season, with a wide choice of food stalls, arts and crafts, local specialities and live entertainment.
- A freshwater lake with a sandy beach at Blasimon is just 38km away and is a popular attraction to take children for a day out. The gently shelving sand provides a safe, fun environment for splashing around and cooling off in the heat of the summer sun.
- Aqua fun Park Near Casteljaloux freshwater lake, 38km. Park with a huge lake, picnic benches, walks, facilities, sandy beach, water sports, kids play area….. it’s great for adults and kids.
- The famous sandy bay at Arcachon (146km) with Europe’s tallest sand dune, Dune du Pilat. This is the start of a 150-mile long sandy beach south past Biscarosse, or while the day away meander your way around Arcachon and enjoy a relaxing lunch in one of the many French restaurants.
- Bergerac 47km
- Bordeaux 97km
- Toulouse 200km
- Bordeaux (TGV) Bordeaux station 90km.
- Marmande (Bordeaux line) train station 11km.
By car (from north French ferry ports):
- Calais 960km
- Le Havre 708km